About Society of Automotive Engineers - Australasia
Since 1927, the Society of Automotive Engineers Australasia (SAE-A) has been the leading not-for-profit membership organisation for mobility focused engineers.
Our vision is to advance the engineering profession across all mobility sectors including aerospace, automotive, rail, trucks, off road and recreational vehicles.
We provide technical and skills training, networking events, and promote research and development in government, education and private sectors.
Key benefits of being a member of SAE-A
- Join our Facebook members-only discussion group
- Receive discount or free entry to the exclusive facility and plant tours, networking events, webinars and professional development training in your state
- Access to the member discounted rate to attend the SAE-A International Conference on Autonomous Vehicle Technology, Melbourne 2022
- Engineer your Career via the SAE-A Jobs Board advertising the latest industry opportunities
- Free subscription to Vehicle Technology Engineer (VTE) magazine and monthly SAE-A e-News
- Receive access to free member on-demand webinars from our international affiliation with SAE International and FISITA
- Receive free access to the FISITA library of technical content & latest technology trends as well as a discount on bookstore products, and more
- Receive up to 20% discount on SAEI publications and events through joint membership
- Become involved as a representative of SAE-A on Australian Standards technical committees and working groups
- Recognition of qualifications by use of your SAE-A post-nominals
“SAE-A, Embracing all mobility sectors, including Automotive, Aerospace, HCV, Rail, Off-road, Aftermarket and Campers”
Who are our members?
SAE-A members come from wide ranging backgrounds, such as:
- Body Repair
- Assessing Engineer
- Sales & Marketing
- Styling & Design
- Product Development & Planning