Aerodynamics with Kyle Forster - JKF Aero
Join us online for an exclusive webinar on Aerodynamics
Join Moderator Sam Lagozzino for an insight into Aerodynamics, when he is joined by former Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team, Aerodynamicist - Kyle Forster PhD.
Kyle will share a brief insight into materials provided in his comprehensive training package, including;
- why aero is. important,
- fundamentals of aerodynamics and how they apply to racecars,
- suspension and aero interaction, and
- key aero development areas.
He will also share his journey from Australia to the most successful F1 Team on the circuit.
Click the 'PURCHASE TICKETS' button to the right of your screen to register for this event.
Kyle will provide tools and advice for aerodynamicists, including:
- Aerodynamic components: wings, winglets, diffusers.
- Constraints: Rules and regulations that control aerodynamics performance and financial constraints of developing aerodynamics parts.
- Testing: How do you test aero components?
- Tuning: How to tune a vehicle to optimise its aerodynamic performance.
- Compromise: The compromise between downforce and drag, aero grip vs mechanical grip
Who should attend
- Engineers working in the automotive industry
- Motorsport professionals
- Automotive technicians who want to understand the engineering behind the aerodynamic performance
- Students preparing an FSAE car who would like to understand racecar aerodynamic design and set-up
- Anyone with an interest in how a racecar's aerodynamics work and are tuned for their intended purpose.
- Students studying engineering, who want to know how a racecars aerodynamics works and are tuned.
Kyle Forster PhD
Director & Lead Aerodynamicist
Kyle graduated from the University of New South Wales with a PhD in Aerodynamics. Immediately placing in his role at Mercedes AMG as an Aerodynamicist for the Petronas F1 Team.
His research has been published in top-ranking engineering journals, and he created the popular YouTube channel 'KYLE.ENGINEERS' which currently has more than 100K followers, to further motorsports education in the public domain. In his spare time, he designed, built, and raced his own buggy in the NSW Off-Road Racing Championship.
This webinar is an informative presentation on the collaboration between MARC Cars and Pace innovation to produce a race winning chassis. ...