On this page you will find the Formula SAE-A 2020: Event Handbook, Rules Addendum including SAE International Rules, Information about the Online Static Event webinars and recordings, instructions on how to submit your team's electronic submissions, and documents and templates.....scroll down for documents and templates.
Event Schedule 2020
FSAEA 2020 Event Handbook (Excel) - 04 December 2020
Online Static Events Webinar Recordings
Design Event Webinar [Link]
Cost Event Webinar [Link]
Understanding how to Submit your team Electronic Submissions
All electronic submissions are to be uploaded to the appropriate section of https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfOqGYaPuXV8oqySyjTHN7Hd6f2NdBnUig0E6ySTff8otBeoQ/viewform by the Team Leader, using a University or official team email address. Hint: when prompted to sign in, select More options → Create account → I prefer to use my current email address.
Submissions will only be accessible by SAE-A event organisers, judges and nominated persons.
Rules and Important Documents
The following should be noted:
- The greatest change is in the positioning of clauses and layout to conform with the significant realignment of Sections and Clauses in the US/International 2020 FSAE Rules. There are very few significant Vehicle Design or Event Procedures changes for 2020 in either the US Rules or the local Addendum.
- The Chassis and Structural rules are now in their own section in the US 2020 Rules. This also includes related items previously in the IC and EV sections. Review this section, as some detail requirements within it have changed.
- The 2020 US Rules also clarify a number of items where teams had concerns with interpretation or needed to be updated to reflect current practices. These include Cockpit Template checks, Firewalls, Side Impact, Driver Template and Driver Seat position, EV Accumulators and Mounting
- There has been a small reduction in Addendum Clauses where the US 2020 Rules have picked up some of our 2019 requirements. Changes in Design/Administration/Event Procedures clauses are shown in blue font to assist ready identification.
- All queries relating to the US Rules and the Local Addendum should be submitted via the process outlined on the SAE-A formula web site HERE. Please provide enough explanation so that we can understand why you have an issue. If you have a suggested solution, provide that as well. If there are thought to be any significant clarifications needed that would affect all teams then please email email@example.com.
FSG Rules [PDF]
Documents and Templates
Formula SAE Sales Presentation Documents, Design Evaluation Documents, Cost Report Documents, Technical Inspection Documents, and Competition Resources can now be found by visiting the Series Resources tab at fsaeonline.com
**While continuing to enable use of the Excel spreadsheets, FSAE-A are negotiating with the USA and the UK on potential ability to access one of their latest tools for Cost report compilation in future years. If we are able to do this, it will provide a better system for teams and officials. Therefore we cannot advise at this stage what will be the system in future years but will keep teams advised. It is probably only a 50% probability this will be achieved for 2021