The SAE-A is a non-profit organisation that works to serve the needs of its members and to promote the relevance of automotive-related technologies to governments, industry and the community in general. As a prospective member, it is important that you are aware of what the SAE-A and its members stand for.
The SAE-A’s vision is to be an influential Society, whose name is readily recognised and its aims understood throughout Australasia by those involved in, and associated with, the mobility professions.
The SAE-A believes that its vision can be achieved through a series of concurrent missions, focusing on specific aspects of the profession and industry. These missions are:
- To provide value and representation for the mobility professions in Australasia.
- To provide opportunities for further education and self improvement.
- To provide leadership in the development, planning and dissemination of mobility technology and its infrastructure.
- To be the focal point of all national and international information on automotive and related technologies and be capable of disseminating it promptly and efficiently.
- To provide opportunities for our members to be informed of changes in mobility technology and the industry environment.
- To assist members to develop their network of contacts within the industry in Australia, New Zealand, Asia and internationally.
- To promote the impact and relevance of mobility-related technologies in manufacturing, consulting, service and repairs.
- To promote the automotive industry in general and maximise the employment opportunities available to its participants.
- To promote the impact and relevance of our industry on the environment, the community and sustainability.
- To be recognised both nationally and internationally as the key automotive Society on the Australasian region.
The SAE-A embraces its core values. These are:
- Our goal is to expand and strengthen the local mobility-related engineering base.
- We have loyalty to the automotive and related industry.
- We value professionalism of our members and of the industry.
- We believe in articulation and integration across all technical employment levels.
- We believe in personal growth and continuous learning for our members.
- We assist in the career advancement and connectivity of our members.
- We strive for control over our own destiny and encourage this in our members.
- We always act with integrity and require the same of our members.
- We believe in the ability of Australasia’s technical automotive base.
- We recognise the relationship between our industry and our quality of life.
- We believe that Australia’s economy would be lesser without the mobility industry.
- We respect and value the expertise of all of our members.
- We strive for excellence at all levels of our membership.
- We recognise the relationship between our industry, community safety and quality of life.
As a non-profit organisation, the SAE-A and its members are bound by its Constitution. The objectives listed in the Constitution are encompassed in the values and mission above. For a copy of the Constitution, please contact the SAE-A National Office on (03) 9696 5190 or download a copy from our website below.
SAE-Australasia has a global outlook. It maintains strong ties with many overseas organisations affiliated with the automotive industry. It is a member of, and represented on the Council of FISITA, the worldwide International Federation of Automotive Engineering Societies, and is actively involved in the International Pacific Conference on Automotive Engineering (IPC) which provides a strong link with SAE’s in the USA, Japan, Korea, China, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Australia and New Zealand.
Members are advised that the audited 2011 Financial Report is available and can be obtained from the SAE-A National Office on request. Please contact Tel: (03) 9696 5190 or E-mail email@example.com to request a copy.
The 66th Annual General Meeting of the Society of Automotive Engineers – Australasia was held on 15th May 2012 at the SAE-A National Office, Southbank, Victoria. Click here to see The New SAE-A Board of Directors for 2011/12