As a Fellow of SAE-A you will be recognised as having made a significant contribution to the Society and the mobility industry.
Eligibility for Fellow membership
Applicants will have exceeded the requirements for Member grade of SAE-A and will have attained the following additional requisites:
- held position(s) of major responsibility in charge of significant automotive engineering activities for at least 25 years, or
- have been in charge of the design and development of an automotive engineering product of nationally recognised importance, or
- have high educational qualifications in engineering and have made a noteworthy contribution to the science of automotive engineering in Australia, or
- have contributed to automotive engineering in Australasia to an exceptional degree as a result of an extensive career in positions of responsibility, and
- have satisfied the Directors of their worthiness for election to this grade.
Applications will be determined by the applicants educational qualifications and the level of responsibility in their professional career. A detailed current resume outlining the training, education and areas of responsibility must be clearly highlighted. The application must also contain two referees, preferably current members of the SAE-A who can verify the statements of experience and qualifications submitted by the applicant.
Recognition of your qualifications by using the SAE-A post nominals to identify yourself in the engineering community. You can use the SAE-A post nominals on LinkedIn, business cards, company stationery etc to promote your involvement with SAE-A.
To apply for upgrade to Fellow membership status please review the eligibility criteria and submit the requested documents to Rose De Amicis at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0414 934 166 to discuss your nomination.
Annual fees will apply and are required to be paid to finalise the application.